Le Cellier Steakhouse in Epcot, Canadian Pavilion
Makes 6 cups
- 1/2 pound bacon cut into 1/4 inche pieces
- 1 medium red onion cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all pupouse flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups milk
- 1 pund grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pale ale-room temperature
- chopped scallions for garnish
- Cook the bacon, stirring over meduim-high heat about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the red onion, celery, and butter; cook, stirring, until the onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes. Whisk in the chicken stock and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 miuntes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Do NOT boil after you have added the milk.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese, Tabasco, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper until the cheese is melted and the soup is smooth. Stir in the pale ale. If the soup is too thick add some WARM milk.
- Serve the soup and garnish with scallions.